Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Genting Sanyen Power Family Day

Last week, I got my Final Year Project title which is “Effect of Alumina Addition on the Mechanical Properties of TiO2 Ceramic” under supervision of Prof. Madya Ir. Dr. Ramesh Singh. (Prof. Madya Ir. Dr.) --> A very intelligent and knowledgeable professor. It is a research based project that requires me to do a lot of literature reviews and experiments. Unlike design projects, I don’t have to spend money on building up prototypes which sometimes cost more than thousands. I still remember the conversation with him on the first day I met him.

Prof. Madya Ir. Dr. : Why you want to take my project?
JH : Because I can progress after I graduate.
Prof. Madya Ir. Dr. : What is your CGPA?
JH : My CGPA is _._ _ (CGPA is more important than my name)

He explained to me later that why he wanted to look to my CGPA first is because he wanted to see whether we can have what sought of talking……… (Censored out due to sensitive contents). In short, CGPA is very important. I had a happy conversation with him and will try my BEST to score!

Last Friday, I bought a new modified refillable cartridge for my Epson printer CX3900 at Lowyat Plaza. This modified refillable cartridge requires less maintenance and is problem free compare to the Continuous Ink Supply System (CISS) that I previously installed. If you are having dilemma in selecting which modified system is the best or genuine cartridge, I would recommend modified refillable cartridge rather than CISS or genuine cartridge. Below are the proving: (Engineers are well trained in proving)

CISS -->
Cost: RM 200
Advantage: Do not have to top up the ink.
Disadvantage: If there are bubbles inside the system, high maintenance skills are required! Believe me, it’s not an easy task.

Modified refillable cartridge -->
Cost: RM 70
Advantages: Problem free from the bubbles and complicated transmission system.
Disadvantage: Have to refill the ink when the ink level runs low. (May be refill once a month, depends on the usage)

Genuine cartridge -->
Cost: RM (120 x N times)
Advantage: Compatible problem free.
Disadvantage: Costly and c
artridge cannot be refilled. Unlike the CISS and Modified refillable cartridge that require one time initial cost.

Previous Continuous Ink Supply System (CISS)

Modified Refillable Cartridge

4 x 100 ml refill inks that can print up to 2000 pages!


Last Saturday, it was our annually Genting Sanyen Power family day at Genting Awana Resort! This is the time to know all the junior scholars. (Time flies! I have become senior dy). Again, let the pictures tell the story on that day. May be this is my last Genting family day? (I am sorry, only certain people will know why. Hehe.)



Breakfast buffet at Genting Awana Resort

Junior scholar Lindy Ong



Minnie Ms. TEE (because the theme is wonderland)



Titanic for kids



Qun sheng appears to be the winner of street fighting!


GSP scholars + snow white + spiderman

The girl who is sitting on the top of the water tank is the snow white (show girl)! Our CEO said whoever can drop her down to the water (by throwing a tennis ball into the hole besides her), she will receive Rm 1000 as pocket money!!

Tank filled with cold water :S

Here comes the Prince Crusaderz Wee Ser Tan

With just one hit, the snow white dropped into the water and she received RM1000!

The prince and the snow white live happily ever after. Right Wee Ser?? hehe..

One of the games..

And we WON!! RM 40 ringgit Jusco gift vouchers!

Genting Highland Time Square


1 comment:

jienhau said...

I bet you are using CISS now. ;) I did that previously and it came to a point that the suction was not enough to drag the ink to the catridge. There is another problem which is when one of the catridge is defect, replacing it is difficult because I need to remove the transmission line first before I can do so. (removing the transmission line will result in ink spill) However, both systems have pros and cons. It depends mainly on our usage. Thanks for your drop by and sharing. :)