Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Digi Campus - Always the smarter choice



The telco price war breaks out when Maxis slashed the call rate for its prepaid plan by launching ‘Hotlink Youth Club’ for youth age below 25. As expected, Digi reaction was quick. It came out with ‘Digi Campus’ to retaliate with an equally compelling package to lure new youth subscribers. Let’s have a look on the price war!

The Telco H in red color is Hotlink Youth Club while the yellow color stands for Digi Campus.


Compare with the existing prepaid plan, the Hotlink Youth Club and Digi Campus are indeed attractive plans for students and youth. The average call rate for prepaid plan is RM0.33/min while the average Youth Plan call rate is RM0.15/min. A significant price slashing of more than 50%!



Since the call rate is low and I am eligible to the terms and conditions (student and age below 25), what am I waiting for? I changed my call plan immediately! However, the decision wasn’t easy to make when both of the options look attractive and competitive. Going through the call plans and pressing calculator again and again, finally, I had chosen Digi Campus. The decision made was not because of the Digi motto: " Always the smarter choice "  >.<" but it was supported by some reasons.


Reason 1: Digi Campus is meant for couple and for those who can talk for hours!
Digi offers free calls within the same network after RM2 of total daily usage. How much it can save?

Digi: For instance, by setting my girl friend into one of the 11 Friend and Family, the call rate is RM0.08/min. If I call her for 30 minutes, it costs me RM2.40/day. Due to the FREE CALLS after RM2, I just have to pay RM2/day.

Hotlink: If I am using hotlink, the call rate is RM0.12/min. Hotlink will charge me RM3.60 for a 30 minutes call.

I have to pay 80% more! If my Digi bill is RM30, I have to pay Hotlink RM54 for the same call usage. The FREE CALLS AFTER RM2 is simply irresistible!
(*It is important noting here that, I call my girl friend not because the call rate is cheap but it is because I miss her. Even though the call rate is high, I do call her daily.*)


Reason 2: Digi Birthday Bonus
Digi gives 50% addition talk time bonus on your birthday upon reload up to RM500. What most people will do is they will reload a large amount on their birthday. A RM200 reload will receive addition RM100 talk time. $.$

All in all, Digi-- Always the smarter choice ;)


3 comments:

Staryee said...

Haiyo...Im still single...hotlink suit me...let him change for me la next time

jienhau said...

Staryee,

If he changes for you, you too have to change. The free call after RM2 is only valid within the same network. hehe.

Staryee said...

Dun worry, the time have not come yet...still far ~