Saturday, February 7, 2009

New year new resolution!

My first blog in Blogger! Visiting my friends' blog and facebook is my daily routine.. I found out that all of them are putting efforts in their blogs.. Their blogs are well decorated and have a lot of stories to share with.. I do wish I have a blog like them too but tonnes of assignments and tests had killed all my time.. At last, I managed to take my time to write.. Hope you can kick me as support.. (note: kick=post a comment)

New year new resolution? Why?
This is because during the visiting to my relatives' houses I heard the conversation between my dad, my aunties and cousins.. They were sharing some great investment plans that could make big money.. ($.$) The plans they talked were deep and detail.. I was attracted to the rewards of the plans.. Since I am no longer a teenager (no more protection from my dad and mum) and I only have one year left in my college, I need to have long term financial plans to secure myself.. Here are some of my plans..

Plan A: Swiftlet Farming
The great demands of Chinese for birds nest has spawned a multi-millions ringgit business of swiftlet farming in Malaysia.. Traditionally, birds nests were harvested in caves.. It was risky to harvest them.. Now, we want to build swiftlet shop houses for the swiftlets to nest.. The cost for one house is around RM 100,000 ~ RM250,000.. If 40 swiflets nesting in it, we can earn around RM7000~RM10,000 per month.. A typical swiftlet house can have 90 swiftlets at peak.. We don't have to feed them, they will look for food by themselves.. The cost for operating and maintenance is very low.. We just need to collect the nests every month and do some cleaning.. That's it!
Well, the major resistance for me is the cost to build swiftlet houses.. I have to think how to get RM 100,000 ~ RM250,000..


Plan B: Ikan Keli (catfish, clarias batrichus)
Ikan Keli is the great demands of Malay and it is subsidised by the government.. Let me make it short.. RM 1,600 for one fish tank (8ft in diameter) that can culture up to 15,000 ikan Keli!! The pallets for the fish are cheap and the mature period for the ikan Keli is 75 days (2 and a half month). If I have 75 fish tanks then I can produce mature ikan Keli everyday..
Let's say: 1 fish is RM2(market price is 1 kg RM3), pallet+cost is RM 1, the net profit will be RM2-RM1=RM1.. If I have 10,000 fish then RM1 x 10,000 = RM10,000 per day!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKjrI880zU0 (15,000 fishes in one small fish tank) This is an aquaculture company located in Hulu Langat.
This is the plan I am thinking of.. The starting cost is high but I will find some ways to solve it..

My dad's advice: "Go to join and have elderly friends, your knowledge will increase very fast..If you join friends who are same age as you, you will not gain any extra knowledge and the thinking is the same, just know how to spend!!!!!! bla bla bla".. :-P

Well, I agree with my dad.. My first step is I'll start to cut my spending and save to have positive cash flow..


Below is my motivation to move forward ;)

HONDA Civic Type R





No comments: