Sunday, April 5, 2009

All work no play

At last, I have finished all my final examination papers and Electro Mechanical System a.k.a. EMS Project. It had been more than a month I didn’t go for outing. After the super duper busy week, I had to sit for my final for two weeks. No rest at all! (T.T) Every day I had to stay at home to study or do project. My brain is saturated with all the theories. My body and I are EXHAUSTED, we need rest. I want to sleep for more than 5 hours per day. I want to take a nap in the afternoon. I want to watch movies. I want to shop. Although the semester is finished but I just have one day to rest. Tomorrow, I will be heading to Genting Sanyen Power Station for industry training at 6 am. Happy one day holiday to me and my friends who have just finished their last paper on Saturday.

Though I had to scarify my sleeping time but all my efforts paid in the end. For the EMS project, we have to do animations and a prototype of a three phase induction motor in three days. No one has the skills to use Macromedia Flash software. Jason and I tried our best to produce animations by using Flash. It was a hard time for us since we had to learn from zero and meet the time constraint. However, after long time sitting in front of my laptop, we managed to produce four animations!! Hohoho.

During presentation, our group received excellent comments from our lecturer Dr. Khairul. He said: ‘This one will definitely get full marks! Your group really wants to score (Of course =P). I will show your animations to students of next semester. I have no question to ask you’ BRAVO!! We feel great and in high spirit!! (^-^) V Thank you to all my group members: Jason Lee, Chun Hong, Kok Wei, and Yik Hong. Below are the animations:

(note: suppose all the animations are continuously rotating in loops but since blogger doesn't support .swf format so they just rotate once)

Principles of a three phase induction motor :

(Click to enlarge)
Figure 1.1: Codes of Flash (all the dots in the pic are the timing of the animation, the most difficult part!)


Figure 1.2 Rotating magnetic field clockwise direction


Figure 1.3: Magnetic vector clockwise direction

Figure 1.4: Magnetic vector counter clockwise direction



Though I promised to update my blog of the 16’’ rim but I am really tired now. May be next time? zzZ


No comments: